Lemony Zucchini Salad with Walnuts
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt, freshly ground pepper and sugar, to taste
- 12 ounces zucchini, chilled
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped and toasted California walnuts
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- Lemon zest (optional garnish)
- In a medium bowl whisk together lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt, pepper and sugar.
- Cut zucchini into spirals using a spiralizer and add to bowl. Toss well to coat.
- Transfer to 4 salad plates and top each with ricotta, walnuts and basil. Garnish with lemon zest if desired. Salad is best served within 1 hour.