Chocolate Chip Walnut Cookie
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2/3 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped California walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Stir together butter and sugars in a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in extract and eggs.
- Stir together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl, then stir into butter mixture, Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch scoop, drop level scoops onto parchment-lined baking sheets and flatten slightly with the back of the scoop.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool completely on baking sheets.
- Variation: Stir 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder into cookie dough and substitute white chocolate chips for dark chocolate chips.