Curried Walnut Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tbsp + 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 lemon
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1 cup walnuts, divided in half
- Optional: Whole wheat/seed crackers, Variety of vegetables for serving (celery, snap peas, tomatoes, rainbow carrots)
- Add chickpeas, salt, garlic, 2 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice, curry powder and ½ cup walnuts to a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roughly chop the remaining ½ cup of walnuts. To serve, drizzle hummus with 2 tsp olive oil and top with chopped walnuts.
- Spread on whole-wheat crackers, or dip with raw vegetables. The hummus will keep for up to one week in an airtight container in the fridge.