Fried Gnocchi with Squash & Walnuts
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 red onion chopped (180g)
- 150 g diced smoked pancetta
- 250 g frozen diced butternut squash
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 200 g mushrooms sliced
- 400 g Brussels sprouts thickly sliced, defrosted if frozen
- 500 g pack gnocchi
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves
- 1 tbsp chopped sage
- 100 g California Walnuts
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan and fry the onion, pancetta and squash for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms and sprouts and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the gnocchi in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain.
- Add the gnocchi, herbs and walnuts to the pan and fry for 1-2 minutes, season to taste.