Mushroom Ravioli with Walnut Sauce
- 20-ounces refrigerated mushroom ravioli
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup California walnuts plus 1/4 cup for garnish
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/3 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese plus 2 tablespoons for garnish
- In a Dutch oven or large pot, bring 4 quarts water and 1 tablespoon salt to boil. Add ravioli and cook according to package directions, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine walnuts and garlic and pulse until coarsely chopped, about 5 pulses.
- Add heavy cream, olive oil and thyme and process to a coarse paste (the sauce will not be smooth). Transfer to a small bowl and stir in cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a skimmer, transfer ravioli to paper towels to drain (do not drain pasta cooking water).
- Add 4 to 6 tablespoons hot pasta water to walnut sauce and stir to thin.
- Add walnut sauce to a skillet and cook on medium heat until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Arrange ravioli in a large serving bowl or individual plates. Top with sauce and garnish with walnuts, fresh thyme, and more parmesan cheese.