Spelt Salad with Roasted Green Asparagus, Radish and Walnuts
- 1-1/2 cups spelt, uncooked
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups asparagus pieces
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Cook the spelt according to the package instructions in the vegetable stock until soft. Drain, then set it aside to cool.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a frying pan and cook the asparagus with the garlic until tender and fragrant. Set aside.
- Mix the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil with the lemon juice, lemon zest and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the cooked spelt, cooked asparagus and garlic, radish slices, and toasted walnut pieces. Pour the lemon dressing over the mixture and toss to coat. Divide into serving bowls and serve immediately.