Vanilla Walnut Berry Trail Mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups California walnut halves and pieces
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup yogurt or chocolate covered raisins or 2 cups yogurt covered pretzels
- 3/4 cup pumpkin seeds, raw
- 2 cups freeze-dried strawberries, blueberries, peaches or mango (or a mixture)
- Optional ingredients
Butter toffee sunflower seeds
Yogurt melts (found in the baby section of all major stores)
Yogurt covered pretzels
Diced dried pineapple
Puffed rice cereal
- Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium heat. Swirl in vanilla and sugar, then add walnuts. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until toasted. Let cool completely.
- Add raisins and pumpkin seeds to walnuts and toss well to mix. Add fruit and toss gently.
- Store in an airtight container.